Leadbetter, Govan and Co.
Active: 1861 -
Function: Quarry owners/suppliers
Policy: 'Scotch Freestone of Best Quality'
'Stones furnished, to any extent, in Blocks, Scartlings, or sawn up to any thickness, on the shortest notice, from the above extensive and well-known Quarries. This stone is now largely used in Ireland for the ashlar fronts of Public Buildings, Noblemen's Mansions, cut-stone dressings of schools and villas, and is well adapted for every purpose to which cut stone is applied....
As advetised in The Dublin Builder, June 15th, 1861, p. 548.
Institutional and Business Connections
Managed Huntershill and Coltmuir Quarries
As per advert in The Dublin Builder, June. 15th, 1861, p. 548.
Advertised in The Dublin Builder, 1861-1862 Illustrated Irish Architectural, Engineering, Mechanics' & Sanitary Journal, later known as The Irish Builder
15 June 1861, p. 548: 'Scotch Freestone of Best Quality'.
Citing this record
'Leadbetter, Govan and Co.', Mapping the Practice and Profession of Sculpture in Britain and Ireland 1851-1951, University of Glasgow History of Art and HATII, online database 2011 [http://sculpture.gla.ac.uk/view/organization.php?id=msib3_1215781496, accessed 26 Sep 2016]